King Pine Cardboard Box Derby
The 2013 Cardboard Box Derby is scheduled to be held on Sunday, March 17th!
|2013||>> Photo Gallery||>> 2 Person Results||>> 4 Person Results||>> Overall Results|
|2012||>> Photo Gallery||>> 2 Person Results||>> 4 Person Results||>> Overall Results|
|2011||>> Photo Gallery||>> 2 Person Results||>> 4 Person Results|
There are two catagories, where first, second and third place prizes will be awarded:
- Two-person racer: Two people sit in or on the racer
- Four-person racer: Four people sit in or on the racer
The racer must be built entirely out of cardboard boxes with no wood, metal or plastic. If boxes have metal staples, they must be covered with duct tape on both sides. Glue, duct tape and stitching are all acceptable methods of securing pieces together.
The racer must have a theme and will be judged for style, so it is important that you paint and decorate it! For more points, theme music is suggested. We will have a DJ on hand to play your theme music.
Each racer will be inspected for safety before it does it run. All rulings of the inspectors are final.
Helmets are recommended for all persons in or on the racer.
Each participant must fill out and sign an entry form. Parents must sign for persons under 18 years old.
- Speed: How fast you complete the course. The fastest time receives the most points.
- Style: The overall look, creativity and theme. A maximum of 50 points will be awarded.
- Durability: How much of the racer actually crosses the finish line. A maximum of 50 points will be awarded. (The driver must be in or on the racer at the finish line).
Registration takes place at the bottom of the course, just behind the King Pine Base Lodge, beginning at Noon, Sunday, March 17, 2013. The course will be located at the base of the open slope. Inspection and style judging will start at 12:30 PM and the racing will start at 1:00 PM.
Start your thinking and building and get your racers ready!
For additional information, call (800) 373-3754.