Crash Dummy Launch Contest
Dummy Lauch -- Saturday, March 9, 2013
|2012||>> Photo Gallery|
|2010||>> Photo Gallery >> 2010 Results|
The Crash Dummy Launch Contest will be a day of crashes and laughs as teams design, build and decorate the best dummies to be launched off the huge snow mass on the East Slope.
The event will be held on Saturday, March 9, 2013. Dummies are due at the ski area by 11am for judging. Dummies will be on display until 12:30pm and will then be brought to the launch area. The explosive show will begin at 1pm.
- The Dummy may not be living or breathing.
- The Dummy cannot weigh more than 70 lbs.
- The Dummy must be mounted on a snowboard or skis.
- No explosives or fire involved in the dummy’s design or function.
- The Dummy can not have any glass or sharp metal objects.
- The Dummy must be submitted at King Pine by 10:00am on Saturday, March 9, 2012.
- Dummy creators are responsible for hauling their dummy to the start line at 12:30pm and are to clean up their dummy's carnage at the end of the event.
Dummies Will be Judged on:
- 25% Best Dressed/Creativity/Theme
- 25% Biggest Air
- 25% Best Crash
- 25% Spectator Approval
- A low center of gravity; the more weight that is closer to the bottom the better (Remember: 70 lb weight limit)
- Make the legs sturdy so the skis do not wobble, otherwise there is a good chance your dummy will tip over on the way down.
- A wide base will also help keep the dummy upright.
- Spectators will like a theme
- Wax those skis/boards!
For additional information, call (800) 373-3754.