The Twisted Terrain Park
Park Safety - Smart Style
SMART STYLE means safety. Parks work when people use their head and respect one another. Smart Style is a cooperative effort to keep terrain parks alive for everyone who chooses to use them. To help promote park safety, King Pine has implemented Smart Style in its Terrain Park.
Four main points of Smart Style
MAKE A PLAN
Every time you use Freestyle Terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use.
Your speed, approach and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP
- Before getting into freestyle terrain observe all signage and warnings
- Scope around the jumps first not over them
- Use your first run as a warm up run and to familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Be aware that the features change constantly due to weather, usage, grooming and time of day
Do not jump blindly and use a spotter when necessary
EASY STYLE IT
- Know your limits and ski/ride within your ability level
- Look for small progression parks or features to begin with and work your way up
- Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground and in the air
- Do not attempt any features unless you have sufficient ability and experience to do so safely
Inverted aerials increase your risk of injury and are not recommended
RESPECT GETS RESPECT
- Respect the terrain and others
- One person on a feature at a time
- Wait your turn and call your start
- Always clear the landing area quickly
- Respect all signs and stay off closed terrain and features
Be sure you Know the Code : You're Responsibility Code provides safety tips while on the slopes. Smart Style is a terrain park specific safety program that you should check out before using terrain parks.